Tillamook Coast Life Blog
5 Places Foodies Will Love on the Tillamook Coast
From dining on sophisticated, locally inspired cuisine in a casually elegant atmosphere to noshing on ridiculously fresh and flavorful oysters in a rustic seafood joint, here are five excellent eateries on Oregon’s Tillamook Coast that foodies are sure to adore.
- Blackbird, Manzanita. Owner and chef Lee Vance serves up unique and sophisticated dishes created with fresh, local ingredients. Highlights for me were the warm, savory chevre-stuffed Bacon Wrapped Apricots and the delicate yet tangy Smashed Cucumber Salad.
- Buttercup, Nehalem. This cute shop is home to two coastal classics, ice cream and chowder. All are made in-house using high-quality ingredients. Flavors rotate seasonally; I enjoyed a big scoop of Coconut Mango on a Brown Butter cone. Gluten-free and vegan options are available.
- Fish Peddler at the Pacific Oyster Company, Bay City. This is a true bay-to-table experience, a full production facility, retail store and restaurant all in one. Watch oysters being hand-shucked then feast on house-made clam chowder, fried calamari, baked oysters and more.
- The Schooner Restaurant & Lounge, Netarts. A casual, festive atmosphere on the shore of Netarts Bay. The Schooner offers a seasonal menu featuring locally sourced produce, meats and seafood. I especially enjoyed the Coho belly Sashimi Saketoro with bourbon plum sauce.
- Brewers Dinners at the Pelican Pub & Brewery, Pacific City. These five-course meals are offered a few times each year to showcase its top-notch beer and talented culinary staff. I savored my entrée and beer pairing, braised short ribs with Pelican’s malty Tsunami Stout.
Bon Appétit on the Tillamook Coast. For even more places to dine, visit Tillamookcoast.com/restaurants.