- This event has passed.
Oregon Coast Trail Party – Cape Meares
March 12 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
Come join Trailkeepers of Oregon as we begin work on the Oregon Coast Trail at Cape Meares!
Overview: With your help we’ll be doing brushing on the Octopus Tree Trail.
What to expect: Plan to hike less than a mile to the work area and work for ~6 hours using loppers and saws. We prioritize safety and fun over quantity of work accomplished and encourage people to try different things and work at a comfortable pace. No experience is necessary — you’ll be working with experienced crew leaders who will teach you all you need to know. We’ll end the day with TKO-provided beverages and salty snacks. We will work in moderate rain, but will cancel or leave if weather becomes unsafe or impedes our ability to do quality work.
What to bring:
• Plenty of water
What to wear:
• Boots (Please wear something sturdy that will protect your toes from sharp tools. No tennis shoes allowed!)
• Work gloves (loaner gloves available)
• Long sleeved shirts and pants.
• Rain gear as appropriate for the weather
• TKO will supply hard hats and safety glasses
Hiking Stats: ~1 mile total with 400 feet of elevation gain
Directions: Detailed directions will be provided via email 2 days before the work party.