Schedule a beach wheelchair or electric all-terrain chair for your next visit to the Tillamook Coast
If mobility issues are keeping you from enjoying our beaches, we can help. There are beach wheelchairs available for use in several popular towns and parks on the Tillamook Coast: Manzanita, Rockaway Beach, Pacific City, Nehalem Bay State Park, Cape Lookout State Park, and Barview Jetty County Campground. There are also three electric all-terrain chairs – the David’s Chair – available in Manzanita, Netarts and Pacific City.
There is no fee to use, but we strongly recommend you contact the following to reserve a beach wheelchair:
- In Manzanita, contact the Manzanita Visitors Center at 503-812-5510. Manzanita also offers an electric motorized beach chair. It is available from 11:30am – 12:45pm and 1:15pm – 2:30pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Make reservations at David’s Chair
- In Rockaway Beach, contact Troxel’s Gem and Jewelry Store. They also have a child’s beach wheelchair and a beach walker. Call or text 541-418-2842 or email email@example.com
- In Netarts at Happy Camp Lodge, reserve an electric all-terrain chair at David’s Chair
- In Pacific City, for beach wheelchairs, contact Cape Kiwanda RV Park at 503-965-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also submit the beach wheelchair reservation form at https://www.capekiwandarvresort.com/beach-wheelchairs
- In Pacific City, reserve an electric all-terrain chair at David’s Chair
- At Nehalem Bay State Park: 503-812-0650 Ext. 20, or stop by the park ranger station
- At Cape Lookout State Park: 503-842-3182 Ext. 221 or stop by the park ranger station
- At Barview Jetty County Campground: 503-322-3522 or stop by the campground entry station
As we get funding, we’ll be adding other mobility equipment to help more people enjoy outdoor recreation.
Download the “Accessibility Guide” and “Slide Deck” produced by Empowering Access.
There are three kayak launchers available: in Tillamook at Sue H. Elmore Park, in Wheeler at the public boat dock, and at Port of Garibaldi marina.