Quilt Trail in Tillamook - Tillamook Coast Skip to content

Quilt Trail in Tillamook


Type of Quilts

- OR -



quilt block Jurisprudence Original TCQT design

Albright Kittell PC

Quilt Block: Jurisprudence - Original TCQT design

2308 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Albright Kittell PC is the longest established, private law firm in Tillamook County for over 35 years. Christopher M. Kittell and Lois A. Albright provide legal advice to a wide variety of clients, including local families, farmers, businesses and municipalities. The firm provides services in many areas including Wills, Trusts, Probate, Business, Domestic Relations, Guardianships and Conservatorships, Real Estate transactions and disputes, Land Use and Civil Litigation.

quilt block Card Trick

Alteher/Gienger Farm 

Quilt Block: Card Trick

2325 Latimer Rd N
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Alteher/Gienger Farm was originally owned and built by John Alteher, a young, Swiss farmer. A very social and popular fellow, he met a girl who stole his heart. After building a home, he proposed to her. When she said no, he was heartbroken and became much more of a hermit. Even young children were wary of walking past his farm. He was one of the very few holdouts among the dairies, refusing to give his milk to the Tillamook County Creamery, even though it was across the street. His milk was sold to the Mayflower Dairy Co-op. After his death, his farm was inherited by an uncle in Germany. As of 2017, the property is owned by the creamery with which he refused to do business.

quilt block Red Cross

Blue Heron French Cheese Factory

Quilt Block: Red Cross

2001 Blue Heron Drive
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Owned by the Pastega Family, Blue Heron French Cheese Company is a Tillamook-based company celebrating over 40 years in business in the Pacific Northwest. There is something here for the entire family: the famous Blue Heron Brie, gourmet foods, Oregon’s finest wines, a unique gift store, and a petting farm for the kids. Take a day off with family and friends and spend it at Blue Heron.

quilt block Geralds Crown

Bob and Linda Fitzgerald

Quilt Block: Gerald’s Crown

6395 Long Prairie Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Currently a private residence, this building was built by the US Navy during WWII to house an oil fired boiler to create steam heat for the houses on each side of the building. The steam was then piped through small underground tunnels to each house. Both houses were also built by the US Navy. This property was returned to civilian use in the early 1970’s.

quilt block Tree City

City Employees

Quilt Block: Tree City

210 Laurel Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The building that houses Tillamook City Hall was built in 1940 and dedicated as a US Post Office. A mural located in the lobby depicts Native Americans present at Capt. Robert Gray’s 1788 landing at Tillamook Bay. It was designed and painted by Lucia Wiley, descendent of Tillamook County pioneers, in 1942. The building was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places by the US Department of Interior on May 12, 1986. The Post Office moved to its new location on May 24, and on October 28 of 1986 the building was dedicated as the new location for Tillamook City Hall.

quilt block Shadow Rays Marcia Hohn original

Coast Printing and Stationery

Quilt Block: Shadow Rays (Marcia Hohn original)

2106 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Under the direction of the Trusty family since 1952, this nearly 100 year-old building was constructed using beach sand. The family members are fans of the University of Oregon Ducks, note the colors of their quilt block.

quilt block Little Miss

Debbie D’s Jerky & Sausage Factory

Quilt Block: Little Miss

2210 North Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Fourth generation Tillamook dairy farmers with a proud German and Swedish heritage, great-grandfathter Herman Sander was a blacksmith and grandfather John Burns had a slaughterhouse on the Trask River (now Braden’s). The Sander family is still around and have been in the meat business for 35 years. Debbie built this business and has operated it for over 25 years.

quilt block Crazy Amish original Marcia Hohn

Decker Real Estate

Quilt Block: Crazy Amish - Marcia Hohn original

615 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Opened by Carolyn and Stanley Decker in December 1978, Decker Real Estate has listed and sold a variety of real estate with personalized service and professional representation.

quilt block Lily Basket

Elite Car Wash

Quilt Block: Lily Basket

1920 North Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Elite Car Wash was built in 2007 by a retired dairy farmer who thought the citizens of Tillamook would appreciate such a thing.

quilt block Black eyed Susan

Fairbanks Block / Private Residence

Quilt Block: Black-eyed Susan

7300 Fairview Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Fairbanks, original owners of the property, have long family roots in Tillamook. In the 1920s, Guy Fairbanks transported surveyors up the Wilson River as they surveyed for the road (Hwy 6) yet to be built. In the 1930s, Grandma Fairbanks ran a boarding house in town. The Fairbanks property on Fairview Road was sold in 2016, but the block remains up.

quilt block Temple Court

First Christian Church

Quilt Block: Temple Court

2203 4th Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

There were 12 charter members when the Tillamook Christian Church was formally and legally organized in December of 1889. By 1891, the church had purchased land and begun construction of their first building on the northwest corner of what is now Third and Pacific Avenue in Tillamook. By 1892, the building was ready to occupy, using boards for seats. The church relocated to their second, and current, location at Fourth and Laurel Avenue where its building and parking lots cover nearly a city block.

quilt block 8 Pointed Star

Fitzsimonds Insurance Agency

Quilt Block: 8 Pointed Star

108 Stillwell Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

A well-established, family-owned business that has been serving the people of Tillamook since 1964. Their agency has represented Farmers Insurance in Tillamook for two generations.

quilt block combo Winding Trails and Oregon Rose

Five Rivers Retirement Center

Quilt Block: Winding Trails, and Oregon Rose

3500 12th Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Five Rivers Retirement & Assisted Living Community is operated by Prestige Care. The quilt block Winding Trails was given to Five Rivers in memory of Genevieve Noffsinger, a lady who loved the Quilt Trail and spent some of her last days at Five Rivers. The quilt block Oregon Rose once belonged to Norm Wyffles, also a resident several years ago.

quilt block path to victory

Fraternal Order of Eagles #2144

Quilt Block: Path to Victory

209 Stillwell Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

A non-profit, charitable organization of men and women who donate their time and money to local charities, the Eagles strive towards improving the quality of life for local families and to assist them in their times of need. The Eagles take pride in creating and promoting a family type atmosphere for their members. They consider it a privilege to be an active member of the local community and are always happy to invite new faces to join the organization. Eagles Lodge #2144.

quilt block Tulip Bouquet Original design

JAndy Oyster Co / JAndy Acres

Quilt Block: Tulip Bouquet - Original design

6760 South Prairie Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

JAndy Oyster Company has been growing oysters since 2012. The beach-grown oysters are raised in beautiful Netarts Bay, Oregon, and picked by hand. Todd Perman is a first-generation oyster farmer and the owner of the JAndy Oyster Company. His son Jacob is the namesake and ‘CEO’ of the company and is often found doing homework or helping around the shop. In 2021, JAndy Oyster moved from their location on Ivy Avenue in Tillamook, to the previously named, Hidden Acres Greenhouses. Visit JAndy Oyster and their unique oyster bar to enjoy fresh food or order in-shell oysters for takeaway.

quilt block Oregon by Nancy Page

Jenck Farms

Quilt Block: Oregon by Nancy Page

745 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Jenck Farms as a 100 acre parcel of land purchased by Don “Hooker” Jenck and his wife Andrea. Originally covered in trees and tussocks, Hooker worked tirelessly to turn the land into the beautiful pastures seen today. Over the years, Jenck Farms grew to encompass 220 acres and is now run by Donnie and Joe Jenck whose current operation includes milk cows and a hay hauling business.

quilt block Corner Star

Kelly Building

Quilt Block: Corner Star

202 Main Ave
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Completed in August 1925, the building is located on the corner of 2nd street and Main Avenue in Tillamook. The original tenants included a sporting goods store and a cigar store with a soft drink and card parlor. Today it is home to Anderson’s Florist, Sarasota and more.

quilt block St Louis Star

Kit & Caboodle Thrift Shop

Quilt Block: St. Louis Star

1911 1st Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Kit & Caboodle Thrift Shop is operated by Arc of Tillamook County (formerly TARC), benefitting the intellectually and developmentally challenged. The shop opened in 1971 and has been at its current location on First Street in Tillamook since 1982. The shop is staffed by Volunteers.

quilt block Windblown Square and Westward Ho

Kuipers Family Farm 

Quilt Block: Windblown Square, Westward Ho

4030 Hwy 101 South
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Kuipers Family Farm is a Tillamook County Creamery Association member dairy farm directly off of Hwy 101 in Tillamook. The farm milks 570 Holstein and jersey cows. The large white barn has two quilt blocks: The north end showcases Windblown Square, while those coming from the south are treated to Westward Ho. /nThe farm is owned by Garritt & Sheryl Kuipers and their son and daughter-in-law Cory & Charlene Kuipers. Previous owners of the farm include Roy “Doc” Peterson, John Dyk, and Gary & Shannon Abbott. The Kuipers purchased the dairy from The Abbott Family in July 2019.

quilt block Schwabs Window

Les Schwab Tire Center

Quilt Block: Schwab’s Window

1220 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

In January of 1952, Les Schwab purchased a small OK Rubber Welders tire store in Prineville, Oregon. Today, the company is one of the leading independent tire dealers in the US with one of the largest tire retreading plants in the country. Pride in Performance is the value that drives those at Les Schwab.

quilt block Little Rock Block

Marie Mills Center

Quilt Block: Little Rock Block

1800 Front Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Marie Mills, the daughter of Lewis and Barbara Mills, was a very special person born with a Disability. Her “specialness” was not because of her disability, but because of her inspiration. Marie’s family encouraged, taught and supported her in living a full life in spite of her disabilities. She even served tea to President Kennedy when he visited Tillamook in 1960. In 1962, Marie passed away at the age of 13. Inspired by Marie’s legacy, The Marie Mills Center opened in Tillamook in 1978. The Center assists individuals with developmental disabilities in developing to their highest potential and achieve fulfilling lives.

quilt block Wonder Of The World

Marie Mills Group Home

Quilt Block: Wonder of the World

810 Madrona Ave
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Providing support to developmentally disabled adults, in order to achieve maximum levels of independence within their own home and the community at large.

quilt block Pinwheel Square

Oregon Coast Bank

Quilt Block: Pinwheel Square

2211 North Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Formed in July 2002, Oregon Coast Bank is a locally-owned, state chartered, FDIC-insured, community bank headquartered in Newport, Oregon. The organization is pleased to have a presence in Tillamook since 2015.

quilt block Waterwheel

Oregon State University Master Gardener Learning Garden

Quilt Block: Waterwheel

4603 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Established at its present location on the Tillamook County Fairgrounds in 1989. This area is used by Master Gardeners and apprentices to test and demonstrate techniques for successful coastal gardening. The garden changes seasonally so there is always something new to see. The public is invited to visit the garden for education and relaxation. Bring a lunch and enjoy a picnic!

quilt block Caned Seat Marcia Hohn original

OSU Extension Service

Quilt Block: Caned Seat - Marcia Hohn original

4506 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

OSU Extension Service, Tillamook County is a partner in the Partners of Rural Innovation Building on Third Street. Located by Tillamook Bay Community College and the Tillamook County Fairgrounds, the Extension Office faculty, staff and trained volunteers work alongside partners across Tillamook County to provide educational workshops, activities and services tailored to the unique industries, natural resources and demographics in our communities.

quilt block Home Sweet Home

P&L Heating & Sheet Metal

Quilt Block: Home Sweet Home

2711 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

P&L Heating & Sheet Metal believes each customer is unique, and customizes their services to meet each customer’s personal needs. Their mission: to exceed customer’s expectations by recommending the best possible heating and/or cooling system to suit the customer’s needs, while providing prompt, courteous service.

quilt block Malt n Hops Original TCQT design

Pelican Brewing Co. and Tap Room

Quilt Block: Malt-n-Hops - Original TCQT design

1708 First Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Pelican Brewing Company was born at the beach in Pacific City in 1996. Pelican Brewing Company is a craft beer industry leader with fans throughout the Northwest and around the World. The Pelican Brewing Taproom in Tillamook (opened in 2013), offers fresh beer brewed on site and a taste of coastally crafted specialties including deep-fried Tillamook Cheese Curds, Clam Chowder and Pelican Fish & Chips. The Taproom has an outdoor patio and inside seating overlooking the brewery floor so visitors have a chance to sip on legendary Pelican classics like Kiwanda Cream Ale or Tsunami Export Stout, all while watching the talented brew team in action creating these award-winning beers.

quilt block Dorothys Block

Pioneer Veterinary Hospital

Quilt Block: Dorothy’s Block

801 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Purchased by veterinarians Dan Cameron and Peter Miller in 1985, this building was the original Greyhound Bus Depot. Pioneer Vet is a full service mixed animal practice and has been caring for the farm animals and pets of Tillamook for nearly 40 years.

quilt block Fools Puzzle Officers Mess Hall

Port Of Tillamook Bay – Officer’s Mess Hall

Quilt Block: Fool’s Puzzle

6825 Officer’s Row
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

As a part of Naval Air Station Tillamook during WWII, construction of the Officer’s Mess Hall began in October 1942 and was completed in February 1943. Originally a building meant to feed the air station’s officers and house its bachelor officers, the facility was soon redesigned to be strictly a mess hall and provide sustenance to the station’s officers after long hours of anti-submarine patrols in the base’s airships. After the Navy decommissioned N.A.S. Tillamook, this property, which was deeded to US Department of Education which then deeded ownership to Tillamook School District #9, was acquired by the Port of Tillamook Bay in a land trade. Today the Officer’s Mess Hall is a multi- use building with space for long-term tenants and has a large event rental space.

quilt block Stained Glass Diamond

Port of Tillamook Bay – Tillamook Air Museum

Quilt Block: Stained Glass Diamond

6030 Hangar Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Starting as the Port of Bayocean in 1911, the Port of Tillamook Bay evolved into its current status in 1953. Built during World War II, the Naval Air Station Tillamook (NAST) housed Navy blimps that patrolled the Pacific Ocean. The Port evolved into its current status after the Navy decommissioned NAST after WWII, and transferred the property from Tillamook County to the Port. It’s home to Hangar B, the world’s largest free span wooden building that is also on the National Registry of Historic Places.

quilt block Crochet Doily Original design

Private Residence

Quilt Block: Crochet Doily - Original Design

12235 Hwy 101 South
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The old dairy barn on which this quilt block sits was built by Basil Tone and his family in the mid 1950’s. Since then the property has been used for dairy farming – most recently as heifer & dry cow pastures.

quilt block combo Star of the West and Love in a Mist and Apple of My Eye Original TCQT design

Red Apple Inn

Quilt Block: Star of the West - left, Love in a Mist - middle, Apple of My Eye - Original TCQT design - right

815 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

In business since 1997, the Red Apple Inn is located in central Tillamook with easy access to local fishing areas, the YMCA, museums, restaurants, and more.

quilt block Blooming Square Marcia Hohn original

Roby’s Furniture and Appliance

Quilt Block: Blooming Square – (Marcia Hohn original)

1126 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Roby’s Furniture and Appliances started out in Tillamook in 1950 and now have five locations (Tillamook, Lincoln City, Newport, Astoria, Florence) serving the families who call the coast “home.” Roby’s offers a wide array of quality furniture and home appliances at reasonable prices. The quilt block is currently hung on the building at their old location at 12th and Main in Tillamook.

quilt block Merry Kite

Rosenberg Builders Supply

Quilt Block: Merry Kite

2 Main Avenue North
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Rosenberg Builders Supply is a ACE Hardware store in Tillamook. Their people have the knowledge and experience to help with all your “do-it-yourself” questions. They carry a variety of brands and high quality products for all your building and home improvement projects, both inside and outside. Build it, plumb it, wire it, paint it.

quilt block Bluetooth original Javadi design

Sand Creek Dental

Quilt Block: Bluetooth (Original Javadi design)

1010 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Dr. Cyrus Javadi and his staff believe a healthy and beautiful mouth are important for everyone. Sand Creek Dental is committed to practicing quality and comprehensive dentistry, offering services including fillings, crowns, implants, sedation, orthodontics, endodontics, dentures, and tooth extractions.

quilt block Tillamook Tulips

Saturday Farmers Market

Quilt Block: Tillamook Tulips

2198 2nd St
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

A thriving market begun in 2001 by five ladies and one gent with a common vision. Operating June through September on Laurel Avenue between 1st and 3rd St in Tillamook.

quilt block Cabin Windows

St Alban’s Church

Quilt Block: Cabin Window

2102 6th Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

St Alban’s Church was first built at its present site in 1924. In 1957, the current church building was constructed by adding onto and enlarging the old church. In 2000, the church established the Monday Supper program “for all who need a meal.” Services are held on Sunday and Wednesday mornings along with special services throughout the year. The church is an inclusive church and everyone is welcome. The church office administers Tillamook Ecumenical Community funds for those in need.

quilt block Dolly Madison Star

St John’s UCC

Quilt Block: Dolly Madison Star

602 Laurel Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

St John’s UCC was established on October 13, 1901 by the Reverend J.C. Schmid of Wisconsin, a former native of Switzerland, who had moved to the Astoria area in the mid 1890s, eventually settling his family in Tillamook. The first church gatherings originally took place at the Fairview School, generally with about 20 people in attendance. The church then moved its location to Fifth Street where worship services were held for almost four decades. It was in 1949 when St. John's new and current building was erected, with Rev. A.H. Elshoff as pastor. In 1958 the church officially became St. John’s UCC after joining the United Church of Christ. “We are an open and supportive family, loving and growing in our faith through Christian fellowship, affirming and respecting all people.”

quilt block Jack of Diamonds

St. Peter Lutheran Church

Quilt Block: Jack of Diamonds

401 Madrona Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

A one-story wooden structure constructed in 1897-99 formerly housed the United Brethren Church. The builder was Gust Freeman, an emigrant from Sweden who followed plans commonly found in that country. In January of 1896, he borrowed $600 to construct the church. One of the oldest in Tillamook, and except for the replacement of its tower and spire which blew off in a windstorm years ago, it remains in almost original condition. The building has gone through three different denominations and a resident hermit.

quilt block Sunflower

Sunflower Flats

Quilt Block: Sunflower

217 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Occupying part of the 1912 Tillamook Hotel, Sunflower Flats makes every effort to exceed expectations; whether a green plant, dish garden or a mixed vase arrangement, they strive for customer satisfaction. As much as possible, they buy from local growers to provide a unique variety of seasonal offerings.

quilt block Mt Hood

The Anker Farm

Quilt Block: Mt. Hood

Miller Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The barn was built by the Beal Family and purchased by A.J. Swett in 1939 from the Federal Land Bank. He and his family had the dairy farm for twelve years and sold it to Carl and Laverne Tohl in 1951. Dean and Patti Tohl bought the farm from his parents in 1980. The farm is currently owned by the Anker Family. The property has always been a dairy farm. This block is best viewed looking East from Hwy 101 S, near Les Schwab

quilt block Patchwork Pines

The Blaser Farm

Quilt Block: Patchwork Pines

6505 Weber Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Amy Tone, along with her husband Darin and their children, are the sixth generation to live on this farm. The farm has been in her family since her Great Great Grandfather, John Weber Sr, originally purchased the property after immigrating from Germany. In 1998 the Blaser Farm received a Century Farm 100 Year Designation and the Quilt Trail Block is appropriately placed next to the Century Farm Sign.

quilt block Tillamook Spring

The Headlight Herald

Quilt Block: Tillamook Spring

1908 Second Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Headlight Herald was founded in 1888 and is the oldest continually running business in Tillamook. It occupies a portion of the first floor of the Masonic Building, built in 1913. Note the old Chandler & Price printing press on display in the Headlight Herald windows. The Headlight Herald is owned by Country Media Inc.

quilt block Lewis and Clark

The Leuthold Farm

Quilt Block: Lewis & Clark

2425 McCormick Loop
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Adolf and Anna (Kohler) Leuthold arrived at Ellis Island in New York Harbor via ship from Meiringen, Switzerland in 1911 and 1913 respectively. Adolf and Anna learned to speak English and became American citizens. Adolf bought the property in the early 1900s, with son Hans Leuthold taking over in 1953. Hans’ son Dan took over in 1970 and now works with his son and grandchildren. Five generations have grown up on the farm. The quilt block hangs on the oldest barn in the building complex. This hip roof structure was the original milking barn where Adolf milked 13 cows.

quilt block Oregon by Jan Alan

The Leuthold Heifer Barn

Quilt Block: Oregon by Jan Alan

2425 McCormick Loop
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Many Swiss immigrants settled in this valley in the early 1900s. They claimed this area reminded them of their own little valleys in the homeland. Most became dairy farmers because of the lush pasture land and mild climate. This part of the farm has been in the family since 1999.

quilt trail mural Latimer Quilt and Textile Center

The Mural at Latimer Quilt and Textile Center

Quilt Block: Mural

2105 Wilson River Loop
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

In November 2012, the Tillamook County Quilt Trail decided to broaden its scope by producing murals inspired by local history, agriculture, and quilting traditions. Latimer Quilt and Textile Center was the natural location for the first mural. The mural, by Breanna Moran, features a quilter sewing a crazy quilt in front of a Tillamook County agricultural landscape. She is bordered by images that tell the story of Tillamook’s historic creameries and the Quilt Trail’s collaboration with 4H and the Boy Scouts. The mural, a partnership between the Tillamook County Quilt Trail, Latimer Quilt and Textile Center, and the Tillamook County Pioneer Museum, was supported by the Collins Foundation, the Tillamook County Cultural Coalition and numerous individual donors. The mural is located on the exterior south wall of the repository.

quilt block Far West

The Obrist Barn

Quilt Block: Far West

5308 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Obrist Farm was originally owned by John Kunzi, a 1912 immigrant from Switzerland, who purchased the farm in 1914. John married in 1916 and raised three children, all who were born in the original farmhouse (now gone). He milked 50 Jerseys (a large herd at that time), and became the first Grade A Dairyman in Tillamook in the early 1950s. He worked the original 60 acres with a team of horses and also did custom farm work with his team. When Hwy 6 was built, it split the property making it difficult to farm. The barn was built in 1941 and the house in 1950. The Obrist family purchased the property in 1996, and did repairs on the barn in 1999. The milk barn is now used for calf raising.

quilt block Posey Chain Marcia Hohn original

Tillamook Association for the Performing Arts (TAPA) – Quilt Trail

Quilt Block: Posey Chain (Marcia Hohn original)

1204 Ivy Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The Tillamook Association for the Performing Arts (TAPA) grew from a small group known as mthe Blue Heron Players. TAPA’s first production was My Three Angels in 1980. In 2002, TAPA moved into the Barn Community Playhouse. The building was converted from its previous life as a bar and restaurant. Over the years, TAPA has produced full seasons of entertainment with comedies, dramas, musical events and theater workshops.

quilt block Nestucca Original TBCC design

Tillamook Bay Community College

Quilt Block: Nestucca - Original TBCC design

4301 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Tillamook Bay Community College’s long term vision, in partnership with the community, is to establish a center for educational excellence that provides access to lifelong learning. TBCC has a very unique quilt block, designed and created by high school students.

quilt block Round Cabin

Tillamook Bowling Lanes

Quilt Block: Round Cabin

3705 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Tillamook Bowling Lanes is family owned and operated. Great food featuring Tillamook Cheese, Tillamook Meat, and Tillamook Ice Cream. League bowling for all ages and abilities is available, along with great youth programs.

quilt block Oregon Star

Tillamook Chamber of Commerce

Quilt Block: Oregon Star

208 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Visit the Tillamook Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center in the core of downtown Tillamook. The Chamber of Commerce is happy to share guides, maps, and information about local businesses, events, and attractions. The Chamber headquarters also has shared workspace available, and is available as a business resource hub. Whether you’re looking for directions to a local campground, need the inside scoop on local restaurants, or just want a quiet place to catch up on a few emails, the Chamber is at your service.

quilt block Tillamook County Seat Original TCQT design

Tillamook County Court House

Quilt Block: Tillamook County Seat - Original TCQT design

201 Laurel Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Built in 1935, this is the third courthouse for Tillamook County. It holds the Tillamook County Circuit Court, one of 36 state trial courts in the state court system, the Oregon Judicial Department. They provide fair and accessible justice services that protect the rights of individuals, preserve community welfare, and inspire public confidence.

quilt block Patriots Kaleidoscope Original TCQT design

Tillamook County Creamery Association Farm Store

Quilt Block: Patriot’s Kaleidoscope - Original TCQT design

4 Ivy Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Tillamook County Creamery Association was formed in 1909 out of the desire of a handful of farmers who wanted to ensure that the cheese produced in the area was of the absolute highest Quality. That commitment caught on and the Association eventually expanded to include all of the small, independent cheese plants in Tillamook County. The TCAA Farm Store originated in 1920. Today, TCCA continues to produce great-tasting, award-winning cheeses.

quilt block Western Star

Tillamook County Fairgrounds

Quilt Block: Western Star

4603 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

In 1921, a county-wide levy of $1 million was approved to acquire and build the present fairgrounds. Fair Board member R.C. Magarelle donated over 83 acres of land east of the city of Tillamook and the Williams family donated another 7.7 acres. In 1925, the County Fair was held in the new domed exhibit building and in 1926-27, the grandstand, barns and dance hall were added to the fairgrounds. Today approximately 63 acres remain. The Tillamook county Fairgrounds currently has the largest facility in the county for conventions, meetings, receptions, dances and RV rally’s.

quilt block Trees in the Park

Tillamook County Library – Quilt Trail

Quilt Block: Trees in the Park

1716 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The first Tillamook County Library was created at the October 7, 1907 meeting between the Shakespeare Club and Miss Cornelia Marvin, Secretary of the Oregon Library Commission. Miss Marvin traveled throughout the state encouraging the formation of free public libraries. The old Copeland Lumber property was purchased by the county in 2000; the new Tillamook County Headquarters Library opened in 2006. In 2014, property adjacent to the Library was purchased and designated as a site for a Library Park.

quilt block Daisy Supreme original TQCT design

Tillamook County Pioneer Museum – Quilt Trail

Quilt Block: Daisy Supreme - original TCQT design

2106 2nd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Originally the Tillamook County Courthouse from 1905 – 1934. The building currently serves as the Tillamook County Pioneer Museum, celebrating over 79 years of preserving and promoting Tillamook County history.

quilt block Middle Star Marcia Hohn original

Tillamook County Transportation District (TCTD)

Quilt Block: Middle Star (Marcia Hohn original)

3600 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Since its start in 1997, Tillamook County residents have enjoyed a public transportation agency that provides passenger bus and dial-a-ride services countywide, as well as to Cannon Beach and Portland. TCTD also offers intercity bus service to Portland with regional connections. TCTD services are primarily supported by rider fares, state and federal grants, and a local permanent property tax levy with timber revenue sharing.

quilt block Classic Blue Marcia Hohn original

Tillamook Farmers’ Coop

Quilt Block: Classic Blue (Marcia Hohn original)

1920 N Main Ave N
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Serving Tillamook County since 1935, the Co-Op offers a huge selection of products: raingear and high quality work boots; John Deere and Breyer toys; lawn and garden items; metric nuts and bolts; farm fencing supplies; and electrical and plumbing fixtures. And be sure to check out their expanded pet supply department.

quilt block Tillamook Tin Lizzie original TCQT design

Tillamook Ford

Quilt Block: Tillamook Tin Lizzie - original TCQT design

501 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

The original business started in 1916 as the Tillamook Garage before incorporating to a Ford Dealership in 1955 under Tom Bailey. Bob and Elva Weeks purchased the dealership in 1979 and the business has remained in the Weeks family ever since. For the last 30 years the Weeks Family has generously loaned cars to our local high schools for their homecoming courts, as well as local & visiting dignitaries for the June Dairy Parade.

quilt block Four Tulips Marcia Hohn original

Tillamook Pharmacy

Quilt Block: Four Tulips (Marcia Hohn original)

915 Main Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Built in 1976 by George and Myra Wilson, Tillamook Pharmacy has a history as a family-owned business. The business was purchased by their son, David and Rose Wilson, both O.S.U. graduates in 1998. Current owner, Trushar Patel, says Tillamook Pharmacy is the only independent pharmacy in Tillamook and specializes in unique gifts and helping serve the healthcare needs of the community.

quilt block The Wright Stuff original TCQT design

Tillamook Police Department

Quilt Block: The Wright Stuff - Original TCQT design

207 Madrona Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

On the job protecting and serving the citizens of Tillamook since the days of stagecoaches and cow rustling.

quilt block Log Cabin Rose

Tillamook PUD

Quilt Block: Log Cabin

1115 Pacific Avenue
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Electricity was a luxury that very few Oregon residents had in the early 1930s. Many private electric companies were not interested in building facilities to reach rural customers. As such, Tillamook PUD was formed by a majority vote of the people on July 23, 1933, becoming Oregon’s first People’s Utility District. However, many unfortunate situations delayed the connection of the PUD’s first customers until October 1946. From there, construction of electric facilities rapidly took place and by the end of 1952, Tillamook PUD was serving 3,206 customers. Tillamook PUD has seen many changes through the years. In fact, the main headquarters brick building you see today, where the vibrant quilt block is displayed, was constructed in the mid-1980s after a fire destroyed the previous headquarters building. Though change is continuous, one key element to Tillamook PUD’s operations has always remained constant and that is its mission to provide safe, reliable, and affordable electricity to the customers and community they serve. Tillamook PUD is pleased to be a part of Tillamook’s rich history and looks forward to evolving with the community as it continues to grow.

quilt block Crown of Thorns

Tillamook United Methodist Church

Quilt Block: Crown of Thorns

3808 12th Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Open hearts, open minds, open doors. The Tillamook United Methodist Church welcomes one and all to Sunday morning worship, 11:00 a.m. Worship and word, with child care available.

quilt block Winds Crossing

TLC Fibre Federal Credit Union

Quilt Block: Winds Crossing

1510 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

TLC Fibre Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Tillamook. Members are eligible to join if they live or work in Tillamook, Lincoln, Clatsop, or Columbia counties in Oregon; or Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, or Pacific counties in Washington. As a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative, TLC has better rates and fewer fees than you’ll find elsewhere. In addition to Tillamook, TLC has 13 branches in Lincoln City, Newport, Astoria, Seaside, and Rainer, Oregon, as well as Longview, Kelso, Kalama, Woodland, and Castle Rock, Washington.

quilt block Log Cabin

Umpqua Bank

Quilt Block: Log Cabin

2405 3rd Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)


More Info

Umpqua Bank is devoted to being a financial partner to all people and organizations in the communities they serve. They believe in working together for the betterment of their clients, communities, and employees. Whatever the cause, they are ready to roll up our sleeves and make a difference. The local Tillamook branch has volunteered hundreds of hours to local organizations including Tillamook County Pioneer Museum, Kilchis Point Reserve, Tillamook Early Learning Center, Tillamook Area Chamber of Commerce, and SMART Reading.

quilt block Whitney Camp RR Original TCQT design

Vaughn-Landis Farm

Quilt Block: Whitney Camp RR - Original TCQT design

8355 Kilchis River Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Located on Kilchis River Road this 1882 Century Farm was originally homesteaded by Alice E Jennings and W.B. Vaughn with Holstein dairy. The farm remains in the family to this day, and only Vaughn-Landis descendants and Kilchis Indians have lived here. The Whitney Logging Company railroad crossed the property and Kilchis River and joined the main railroad near Tillamook Bay. The old railroad grade can still be seen behind the home.

quilt block Victory House original TCQT design

Victory House

Quilt Block: Victory House – (Diane Colcord original)

3025 Gienger Road
Tillamook, OR, 97141 (map it)

More Info

Located on the original Highway 101, the Victory House (built in 1926) was a jumping joint during WWII as THE place for the boys from the Naval Base to take a lady for an evening out. Serving good homemade food and providing music with an indoor dance floor, many a romance took hold there. The building at one time also operated as a bed & breakfast. The Victory House is now a private, single family residence.